Preserving Our Natural State
Support Delaware Audubon
Make a tax-deductible contribution today!
Delaware Audubon needs your support now – more than ever – to help achieve our goal of "preserving our natural state."
Delaware Audubon is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and donations are tax deductible. Delaware Audubon will not share your email address or other contact information with other organizations.
There has never been a greater need to protect our environment. Delaware Audubon's efforts are made possible almost exclusively by donations from members, friends and supporters.
Here are just a few examples of how your donations – any size you can afford – will help:
- Through a program called Audubon Adventures, Delaware Audubon provides environmental science education to students in middle schools throughout Delaware. Teachers and students love the program. "I found the themes to be interesting and educational for my students," wrote one teacher. "In addition, they fit perfectly with our standards." It costs about $40 per teacher per year to support Audubon Adventures. Your donation of $40 or more can help extend this program through another school year.
- We've announced a new environmental education project that involves science classes, bands, and language arts classes in a coordinated effort to educate students and the public about an endangered shorebird, the Piping Plover. The "Piping Plover Suite" uses music and the spoken word to raise awareness about the plight of this beautiful and delicate bird. Your donation of $50 can help provide a school with the orchestrations and other materials necessary for this project. A donation of any size will help defray the costs of development and production of this exciting new project.
- Any size donation – $5, $10 or $15 – helps us carry on projects like cataloging the plants and animals native to our adopted wetland at Grass Dale, near Delaware City. This project helps us and the scientists at the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control have a better understanding of the state's wetlands.
- In recent years, we've joined with the Natural Resources Defense Council in a series of successful lawsuits to force the Delaware City refinery to comply with court orders to stop polluting and set up a monitoring system.
- Your donation will help Delaware Audubon advocate for the environment on task forces, advisory committees and at public hearings; work to preserve horseshoe crabs and the shorebirds which rely on them; promote the national and international Important Bird Areas (IBAs) which have been designated in Delaware; create and oversee projects to provide vital scientific data on bird and wildlife populations; work toward developing an Audubon sanctuary or nature center in Delaware; and maintain our award-winning newsletter and web site.
With threats to the environment increasing almost every day, please help Delaware Audubon with the most generous donation you can afford. We thank you. Your children and grandchildren will thank you. And Delaware's wildlife will thank you.